Saturday, June 16, 2012

Jammies

First off, hi. I know it has been a while since I last blogged, but you know the deal, two jobs, no energy, no blog-inspiration. However today I just wanted to share with you my current favorite songs. First we have Ms Azealia Banks. If you haven't heard of her well I will try to give a quick summary. She's a twenty-something rapper from Harlem, NY and she specializes in something that people have pegged "Vogue Rap". Now I am not a fan per say, I get what lane she is in and I respect it and I definitely respect her abilities as an MC/vocalist. So which brings me to the video at hand. This is "Liquorice" a song from her 1991 EP which is available for purchase now, and I LOOOOOVE this song. It is giving me 1990's house realness and I bought the song the other day and I play it 10 times in a row, it's that good. Second we have Miguel who came up in the last two years with the great album All I Want Is You, and this past year he has been releasing his "Art Dealer Chic" mixtapes (which is excellent by the way) this song which unfortunately does not have a video but it should! is called "Candles In the Sun, Blowing In the Wind" another song that I have played 10 times in a row. Miguel is an alternative R&B artist that I am really excited about and can't wait till his next full length effort comes out. PS you should download all 3 installments of this Art Dealer Chic project

No comments: