Last night my brother and I ventured out in the wind and rain to the Oceanfront (virginia beach) to the Jewish Mother which is a restaurant/venue of sorts to see Mayer Hawthorne. This was a concert that I was VERY excited about. Those of you who dont know about Mayer Hawthorne, youtube him, I have no time for you. Just know that he is AMAZING. He is what Mark Ronson wishes he could be. He performed every song from his debut A Strange Arrangement except for the title track :( but its all good. He threw in a couple of goodies like NERD "Fly or Die"!!! When he played that my brother and I lost it. I have to say it was one of the best concerts I've been too (and im old and have been to a lot of shows) He puts on such a great show, great interaction with the crowd and a top notch backing band known as the "The County". I truly do think that him and I fell in love during the show, no one can convince me any differently! I have never wanted to throw an undergarment, or offer to pay someone's car note in my life. Mayer Hawthorne almost made me do both last night.
Saturday, March 13, 2010
Dear Andrew Mayer "Hawthorne" Cohen. Marry Me.
Last night my brother and I ventured out in the wind and rain to the Oceanfront (virginia beach) to the Jewish Mother which is a restaurant/venue of sorts to see Mayer Hawthorne. This was a concert that I was VERY excited about. Those of you who dont know about Mayer Hawthorne, youtube him, I have no time for you. Just know that he is AMAZING. He is what Mark Ronson wishes he could be. He performed every song from his debut A Strange Arrangement except for the title track :( but its all good. He threw in a couple of goodies like NERD "Fly or Die"!!! When he played that my brother and I lost it. I have to say it was one of the best concerts I've been too (and im old and have been to a lot of shows) He puts on such a great show, great interaction with the crowd and a top notch backing band known as the "The County". I truly do think that him and I fell in love during the show, no one can convince me any differently! I have never wanted to throw an undergarment, or offer to pay someone's car note in my life. Mayer Hawthorne almost made me do both last night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment