I, as I am sure many people go through phases or cycles where they have a few choice songs playing in their head, car stereo, cd players (yeah they still exist) and mp3 players on a constant basis. You play them till you get sick of them, then you go through a drab period where you hate everything on your iPod(or whatever), then another cycle of songs tickle your fancy. As of now these are my faves.
Up first is a track from M.I.A.'s new album Maya. Now there is a story as to how I obtained this CD its quite a long one. At the beginning of the summer my mother and I planned a trip to NYC. It turned out the same weekend she wanted to up HARD NYC was also happening that weekend. HARD consisted of a lot of artist including: Ninjasonik, Theophilus London and Rye Rye among others. And the festival was being headlined by none other than M.I.A. So the thing was I was not able to afford tickets for my brother and myself to go but my mother assured me that she was able to get them for us. However; I was looking for a miracle to get these tickets. One day I was over at Dr. Jays website and there was this contest to win tickets to HARD NYC. Low and behold I actually win them, I never win anything. But before actually finding out that I won the tickets our trip was canceled due to the common disease ourfundsarelow. So the good people over at Dr Jays was supposed to send me the tickets and I was going to give them to my cousin Rachahd whom lives in NY. Oddly enough I never got the tickets. Cut to 2 weeks ago I get a package in the mail from them with a copy of M.I.A.'s new album. Pretty cool. In the end it all kind of worked itself out. Now since the release of the album critics have not been very kind to it, but as a huge M.I.A. fan I chose not to pay attention to it. My initial response to the album was, much like the critics not very favorable. To me the music was very distorted and the songs didnt have any real structure to it. But over time it has grown on me. So bringing me to one of my favorite tracks on the album, and one of my favorite songs right now here is "Tell Me Why"
Up next is a track from Cee Lo Green's Stray Bullets mixtape that came out a few weeks ago. This song is called "ChamPain". Cee Lo is just awesome.
During the summer I work at the Virginia Beach Amphitheater as a "production runner" where you run around in the heat for countless hours running errands for the different tours that come through the venue. A few weeks ago I got to work the Rockstar Mayhem Festival which is a traveling metal tour. This year the headliner was Korn which I was VERY excited about. I got to see a majority of the show albeit from a crappy spot, but hey I can't complain. I've loved Korn for many years and the chance to see them was like a teenage dream come true and it also kicked up how much I loved them. So I've been listening to them a lot lately and one of my current faves is "Throw Me Away" from their See You on the Other Side album.
That's all for now, sure there are other songs that I listen to but these are like my top choices for the moment. So yeah end of blog post. Run along now.
No comments:
Post a Comment