I am FINALLY getting to blog about what a fab weekend I had last week (july 4th weekend) but before I had this awesome weekend I had to get there first. Now the trip from Hampton to Fairfax is about 3 hours which is fairly short, and now that they have risen the speed limit from 65 to 70 I could comfortably do 73 to 74 without getting hassled. Only one problem, it was July 4th weekend. Remind me to never, ever, ever ever ever, travel on July 4th weekend again. Its partially my fault I guess. I wanted to head out earlier but my job messed my check up and it didnt get squared away till that morning, so all the errands I had to do got pushed back thus me not leaving till about noon, bad move. I thought maybe all the traffic would be headed towards Hampton Roads cause of the beaches and what not but there was traffic every effing where. The only time I wasn't in traffic was when I was on 295 which was about for 15 minutes. Traffic+ Sweltering high noon temps=not cool, literally. Finally by around 4 o clockish I arrived in Fairfax and into the arms of my heterosexual lifemate LEY. After some wine, convo, internet surfing and Korean BBQ (super yum) we made our way to the theater to see Transformers 3 which by the way AMAZING! The last like 30 minutes of the film my mouth was agape, easily the best movie of the franchise. However the highlight of the night was when we walked back to her car in an almost empty parking lot, opened all the windows and blasted the following song:
We had a two person rave in a town center parking lot in Fairfax it.was.awesome.
The next day which was sunday LEY, her fabulous roomate Jack and myself got dolled up and headed into DC to U st where Nellie's Sports Bar holds their weekly "Drag Brunch" featuring the Lady Boys of Drag City DC. Free Mimosas, great food, and these Divas lip syching for their lives! This girl was in heaven! After all that it was time for me to go home. The ride was way more enjoyable then the ride there, I got home around 10p then had to go into work at 2 am. It was a great weekend that I needed badly. I can't wait for a chance to make it up there again...............................................................................
Everyday I'm Shuffling.
Here are some pics and video from our sunday, funday.
*I love ^this picture of Ashley, she looks so purty!
No comments:
Post a Comment