
The other day I was going through my rolodex of cd's and I came across an unmarked burned disk. I put the disk into iTunes and it turned out to be Kittie's second album Oracle. Needless to say I had a very nostalgic moment. Kittie was a teenage all girl metal outlet (from canada!) with its peak prominence taking place in the early 00's. Kittie was basically living my rock and roll dreams. When I first started playing guitar at 16 my BFF Shelaine and I would sit in my basement (her playing the bass) and try to play Kittie songs (and also Sum41, don't ask). Kittie was a bad azz group of girls who could roll with the big boys (they toured with Sevendust,and Slipknot among many others). Unfortunately I never got a chance to see them live, I'm kind of glad though because I would just been so jealous of them. Like I said before they were living my dream. Now through countless changing band members (with sisters Morgan and Mercedes Lander being the only constant members) Kittie is still recording, touring and kicking your face in. I salute you Kittie, I salute you.
*Fallon was my idol, for real*
No comments:
Post a Comment