Thursday, May 16, 2013
"For Colored Gworls Whose 30 Minute Lunch Ain't Enuff" An Excerpt
I have recently been inspired to write a premise to a non existent stage play. Here is a monologue and the climax to the play.
"8 hours, 8 hours a day, I talk, I listen, I resolve. You mean to tell me that I only have 30 minutes for lunch! By the time I take a leak, and heat my meat, my lunch is complete! This can't be right, I say with all my might, this can't be right! I need to breath, I need to watch TV, I need time for ME! This is a struggle that all of us face. This is a struggle for colored gworls of all races! I've lost all my patience! This has become too much! This is For Colored Gworls Whose 30 Minute Lunch Ain't Enuff!!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
***SNAPS***SNAPS***SNAPS***SNAPS***
I agree - 30 mins is not enough to truly enjoy your lunch. We use to have 45 mins, but several employees took advantage. So they knocked it down to 30 mins.
Post a Comment