Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Song of the Day


Usually I do posts like these on my twitter but I wanted to 'splain this in further detail. Today's song is Deftones' "Back to School". You know at certain points in your life when you see something or hear a song and at the time you dont know just how much it impacts your life. Well this song did that for me. I did not even realize this till this morning whilst driving to work and having the iPood on shuffle and thinking about when I first heard this song. It was 10th grade so...2000 and I was really 'accepting' myself. That meaning I was a black kid from the 'hood' who was into rock music, and different than a lot of her peers. So I constantly constantly listened to 96X (which is an alternative rock station, a station I admired as a teen, ironically enough I work at the company that owns the station and it sucks now, definitely what it used to be, a sad affair really.)This song came on and I think my head exploded. Now this is not the Deftones' best song, but it is a good song off of their best album White Pony. A little while after that my girl Shelainey gave me a copy of the album, she bought another cause the copy she had did not have "Back to School" on it, go figure. But yeah I just wanted to share that. Your Welcome.
PS CHI update. As you may or may not know the bassist Chi was in a car crash and fell into a coma in November, on the website One Love for Chi it is said that is in a semi-concious state, not exactly out of the coma but out of the coma at the same time, make sure you go over to the site for updates.

No comments: