
I am usually not a fan of modern R&B. I feel like the singers don't really have great vocal ability and the concept of their songs are drab at best. In the past year R&B has taken a new twist with the emergence of artist like Frank Ocean, whom I'm a fan of. And the The Weeknd whom everyone makes a big deal over but is personally not my cup of tea. Then there's guys like The Dream. Although I have never heard a complete Dream album I'm always a fan of the singles that he releases as well as the countless songs he has written for other artists (um "Single Ladies" helloooo) Recently he released a free album under his given name Terius Nash titled "1977". His brand of R&B is less sweet, coy, and sensual and way more brash and vulgar. There are MANY expletives in every song. Mostly cause the dissolution of his short second marriage to "singer" Christina Milian that has been blog fodder this past year. All the tracks are dope the vocals go well over the tracks and all the songs are catch as hell. Download the album here. Here is a video to one of the standout tracks on the project "Long Gone"
No comments:
Post a Comment