Tuesday, December 27, 2011

I Miss You Man: Staind


Some folks these days like to poop on the whole "Nu-Metal" movement of the late 90's early 00's. Even the bands themselves who were grouped into this sub genre like to mock it. Point of it being is this time in (rock)music was the musical highlight of my life as a teenager. The other day while having my iPod on shuffle a Staind song came on and I started thinking back to how dope Staind was. Yes to me, Staind was dope. Come on man have you heard Break The Cycle? Have you heard the FIRST SONG on Break The Cycle? If that wasn't a sonic slap in the face and a roaring opening to an album than I don't know what is. Yeah sure after a while Aaron Lewis got real whiny and stuff but for a moment Staind, to me at least, was THAT band.



No comments: