Saturday, April 7, 2012

Warped Family Memories



A few minutes ago I started humming a tune. The tune was to Level 3 (8:23 of the vid above) of the original XMen game on Sega Genesis. I immediately started laughing because this game was a favorite among my father, brother and myself. I distinctly remember we were living in Brooklyn at the time and I would wake up in the middle of the night and my dad would be in our room playing this game. He was really good at it too. Another thing that my dad was good at was making up random songs. He came up with a little ditty that went to the music of level 3. The lyrics went along with the bass line, and it went a little something like this:

Come eat my doo doo,
You know you like,
You know you like it, come on and try it.
It just taste like candy and cookies,
I'd bet you would like it, come on and try it.

And then I would come in with the main melody line:

Eat my poooooo
You know it taste so gooooood.
Eat my poooo
You knooow it taaaste sooo goooood.


Yeah, I'm serious, this is the song that my father and my 9 year old self came up with. Now you probably can figure out where my weirdness comes from. He was quite the character, the apple doesn't fall far from the weird tree.

No comments: