So this is truly the most wonderful time of the year(well for me at least)! Because America's Best Dance Crew is back. I am always skeptical about the crews that are going to be on. Especially since last season they stopped doing the casting special so the viewers have no initial control of what crews are going to be on the show. However this season I am pretty excited. So once again I start my reviews of the show, first up the first episode duh!
Beat Your Feet Kings (BYFK): I liked the crews energy and grit the foot work is crazy, I agree with the judges that it needed to be cleaner.I think they also should have used more of the stage, it was like they were all scrunched up the whole time. I dont know how they will do with all the crew challenges but obviously we shall see.
We Are Heroes(WAAAH!): Sigh, great a crew that models themselves after Beat Freaks, for those that dont know, I really did not like Beat Freaks I thought they were overrated. The performance was AIIIGHT, they would prolly do good with the challenges this season, Ill wait a few more episodes before the hatred begins, oh and the costumes erm FTW?
Afroborike(AB): They were ok, the performance reminded me of my Nina *my spanish godmother* I mean I would like to see how they do with the challenges, but im neither here nor there about them.Next.
*The Judges save We are Heroes and Afroborike and sends Beat Your Feet Kings to the sudden death round, I see why they were the least clean out of the 3*
The Massive Monkees(MM): They are the seemingly required b-boy crew on ABDC. Anyways I thought they were cool another crew that I am not that excited about only because there have been a b-boy crew every season of the show and Im kind of bored with it so we'll see how they do they'll probably go pretty far.
Artistry In Motion(AiM): Ehh, I see what they're trying to do but, NEXT.
Southern Movement(SM): They were good although I do feel they were gimmicky, I felt like they threw that whole motiff together just for the show but the tutting was pretty cool at the end. I think they would do good with the challenges.
*The Judges save Massive Monkeys and Artistry in Motion sending Southern Movement to the sudden death challenge, I would have sent AiM in but hey im no judge(on the show at least)*
Rhythm City(RC): Maybe im bias cause they are from the BX but they were the best crew on the show so far, Im all about RC this season until they give me a reason not to. The Boogie DOOOWNN!
Fr3sh: They were cute, I liked their personalities, the choreo was good but they really did not stand out against the group of crews that they were against.
Vogue Evolution(VE): Yes Yes Yes Snap.For.The.Kids honey. The fag hag that I am I eeked at the sight of this crew, love love love them. I am although worried how they would carry off the challenges.
*Judges save Rhythm City(RC) and Vogue Evolution(VE) sending Fr3sh to the sudden death challenge*
In the Sudden death challenge BYFK, Southern Movement and Fr3sh went head to head dancing to a thrilling rendition of "Boom Boom Pow"<----read that whole statement in your best Maya Angelou or Julia Childs impression! I thought all 3 crews really brought it, I thought Fr3sh's was the best actually, it was real...cute, they're just CUTE! Long story short they got sent home HA. But its really like I said before the were a good crew but they didnt stand out against those they were up against.
Ok so this season I am all about RC and VE funny how they both are from NYC, favoritism much? As far as the bottom 2 next week I really cant say, I going to guess BYFK and Southern Movement, maybe AIM and in my worst fears VE cause people may be I dont know not open to a crew like that. Some are saying they are not excited about this season but I am, yes it is obvious the show casting was really reaching to get very diverse crews but they have to in order the keep the show interesting. Last season in hindsight was lackluster, and although I was all about Quest winning, they are not my favorite winners, I was just sooo against Beat Freaks lol. Its like how some people voted for Obama to avoid "another G.W. Bush". so tell me what you think who's your fav crew(s) who you think is going to be in the bottom 2 next week etc.Here's the full epi.
No comments:
Post a Comment