Saturday, August 1, 2009

Robots and Martians

For those that dont know I am a hiphopmetalheaddiscofiend. I love all types of music but let it be known I am from the Bronx, the birthplace of hip-hop therefore hip-hop is in my blood. Dont confuse hip-hop with rap music, they are two different things. It is kind of hard to explain to the average folk who dont get it. The best way I can describe it as rap music is made to make money, hip-hop is made to make music, get it? If you dont, to the corner you go, your on time out! I am bringing this point up because hip-hop always had many sectors if you will. When I was coming up in the 90s you had 'gangsta rap'(Dre,Snoop,Pac) you had 'hard-core' dudes (Wu-Tang, Onyx etc.) and you had 'alternative' cats (A Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Jungle Bros. etc) and for the most part from what I can remember they co-habitated alrightly<---yes that is a word! Now a days there are these new skool peeps coming up (Kid Cudi, Wale, B.O.B etc.) and you have old dudes getting mad talking about skinny jeans and auto tune and stuff. Now I agree with the whole auto tune thing but like many phases it will have its time and it will disappear. And I have respect for the old school but I admire the kids coming out with now that is new and refreshing. The point im trying to make is if your a young dude saying how things are corny right now, the radio sucks, the industry sucks, that's ok because these things are preventing your shine. But if your an old dude complaining about the same things your just looking like a bitter old dude to me. You had your time, things change, keep doing your thing, you have people that'll ride with you regardless so stop trying to knock others people hustle. Whether that hustle is respectable or not. Yes im talking to you Jay-Z! Your 40 dude you have 'the hottest chick in the game', you have money in the bank, you have a huge catalog of work, leave it alone. I feel "D.O.A." although a great track is a little disrespectful especially since Kanye used autotune beautifully on 808's and Heartbreak. Im also talking to you KRS-One and Buckshot, I bow to you fellas, I really do, but in "Robot" you just sound like some old bitter dudes im sorry but you do. All im really saying is let everyone do them and in the end real recognize real, survival of the fittest and all that mess. If any of the dudes coming out these days are real then in 10 years they'll be complaining about the new influx of hip-hop kids. Leabing thoughts the only dude to me who can complain is Ghostface Killah, because he's friggin Ghostface Killah!via Missinfo


And Im Done.

No comments: