Friday, February 5, 2010

Confessional


When I moved to Virginia in the summer of '96 my mother brother and I lived with my Godsister Pilar and her daughter Asha whom is also my godsister not only cause Pilar is my goddsister but becuase my mother is her godmother, did you get all that? Good. Anyways we lived in these townhomes (I think the name of it was Victoria sq. I cant believe I dont remember the name of em, moving on) And that complex was next to this apartment complex by the name of Langley Sq. All the kids that I went to school with (Lindsay Middle what up!) lived in that complex. I made a number of friends whom lived there and frequented in those parts. But the thing we used to do was go to the Kmart down the street. It was like we were too young to go to the mall and to old to play at the playground so Kmart was the next best thing. This brings me to my confession. Whilst in middle school and living in that area and going to Kmart...I used to steal Lisa Frank Products. Lisa Frank was the shiz back then so dont front. Till this day I get excited when I see a Lisa Frank holographic notebook! I mean it didnt get so bad or out of hand, I wasnt a bad kid. I just used to steal pens, pencils, stickers, small notebooks. Come to think of it in my whole existence this is probably the worst thing ive done. Well it was that one time in high school I stole a wristband from Hot Topic which I inevitably lost, go figure. I had a lot of fun in middle school. Hopping from Langley Square to Sinclair Gardens (which got torn down a number of years ago and is now host to really nice houses and senior citizens community where my grandmother lives.) Going to the Tyler elementary after school program where I was part of the double dutch club and my friends and I would take the short cut through a farm and step in tons of sh!t. Man those were the days...

No comments: