Friday, September 3, 2010

Deftones!


So if you don't know Deftones is one of my favorite bands of all time. Last year I did a post on when I first heard the Deftones and I have been hooked ever since. They were never as 'popular' as the bands they were lumped together with during the late 90's early 00's "nu-metal" era (i.e. Korn, Limp Bizkit, Incubus etc). But I believe they are the most respected and consistent bands. Their latest album Diamond Eyes is phenomenal, definitely their best effort since White Pony. Last night I had the honor and pleasure to attend their show at the Norva (thanks to some comp tickets from my job, although I was put on a 'list' that my name wasn't on, which i assume was VIP so I had to be lumped with the peons and doshbags of the pit) And despite the sucky opening band by the name of Barroness and my feet and body aching, and this stupid b!tch who was in front of me, as my concert patna and BFF since the 9th grade Shelaine (whom gave me the white pony CD in 10th grade) told me "It'll be all worth it in the end" and man it was. They played a 2 hour set that included songs from all Deftones albums. Some of my faves of the night being "Ihabia" from Around the Fur and "Beauty School" from Diamond Eyes. Oh and Chino is adorable and amazing for he did not have in-ears and could not hear himself the whole show and still put on the performance of a lifetime...and he touched my hand! EEeeek. I really feel like I have lived out my teenage fantasies this summer. I saw Korn last month and now seeing Deftones, I kind of feel complete hmm. Oh and shout out to my cousin Rachahd whom is also a Deftones fan and told me an awesome story about when she got injured ribs from a Deftones show at the Roseland in NYC. And of course Shelainey for coming to the show with me. Alright I will now leave you with a video of "Change (In the House of Flies).

No comments: