Sunday, June 12, 2011

Obsessions Are Healthy


A new season of Ice Road Truckers is on now and I couldnt be much happier. I don't know how I started watching this show some odd years ago but I watched one episode and couldnt get enough. Some people may not like the idea of a show about truckers but this show fascinates me! Basically if you have never watched the show its about truckers in Alaska and Canada near the Arctic Circle, you know, where Santa lives! And the absolute brutal winters where oil companies and small villages solely depend on them to deliver goods. These truckers have to drive on roads completely covered in ice (hence the name of the show, duh) and also frequently have to travel across frozen rivers of thin ice. Amazing! Its not only the terrain that makes the show but the interesting truckers that makes this show great. My personal faves are Hugh "The Polar Bear" and Lisa Kelly who was until this season the only female driver featured, and that chick is a beast on the road. Next time you see it pop up on your tv guide and you have nothing else betta to do, give it a watch.

No comments: