Sunday, June 12, 2011

RANT!


Ok so tonight on MTV there are presenting "Lil Wayne Unplugged". Now when I first heard that Lil Wayne was doing an "Unplugged" performance I was thinking that it would be interesting to see his songs interpreted in a acoustic fashion, I mean that is what "Unplugged" means right? So when the promos started rolling for this show I was surprised and annoyed to see that Wayne was using a full backup band with electric guitars and all. Wait what happened to the "Unplugged" aspect of the "Unplugged" series? Grant that I am currently at work and not at home watching the performance, so maybe there is an acoustic set in there. Even if there was one it defeats the whole purpose of naming this special "Lil Wayne Unplugged". If anything they should name it "Lil Wayne Unhinged" or something. What really irks me is what makes Lil Wayne so special that he does not follow the vein of this pretty iconic 20 yr old series. What makes him better than LL Cool J, Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul, Lauryn Hill, Alicia Keys and Jay-Z (just to name a few) that he couldn't continue with tradition. What gives him the right to against tradition? I think its rather WHO at MTV gave him that right? I've never been a Lil Wayne fan, sure I find some of his material entertaining but I just don't get what is so great about him. Lyrically, Little Lil Wayne was sooo much better than this thing he is now. But hey he's rich people love him and I'm the broke blogger bitchin about it. So who's winning?
Here are some memorable "Unplugged" moments from Hip Hop greats, this is how its REALLY done Wayne!



No comments: