Friday, November 11, 2011

Happy National Metal Day!



Today is a day of many things and myths. It's 11-11-11, whats going to happen? Is the rapture finally coming? If you make a wish at exactly 11:11 on 11-11-11 will your wish finally come true? These things I do not know. But here's what I do know. Today is National Metal Day. Now apparently the source for the National Metal Day is VH1 Classic of all things, but you know what? I'm down. There are so many kinds of Metal; Nu-Metal, Hardcore, Grindcore, Black Metal and my personal favorite HoodMetal ::wink wink:: but those are a few from the top of my head. Back in college I was way more of a Metal head than I am now. I am pretty set in my ways in the kind of music I listen to, but I will always be a Metal head in my heart. So I guess, I'm a Metal Heart? Anyways I was sitting here trying to think of which video I should put up here to honor National Metal Day. Do I go back in time and do some Black Sabbath or some freaking Dio or do I take it back to what I was listening to High School, or move up a little further and put up something I loved in College. But then, it hit me. I should put up the one song that really changed my life, that expanded my musical mind and introduced me to the rock/metal world. It all started one day back when I lived in The Bronx I was prolly 10 years old and I was watching MTV. Then all of a sudden this song came on and it was like, time frozen, and I would never be the same. Now this song is not their heaviest song, but it's from one of the heaviest and greatest bands ever. So I leave you with contribution to National Metal Day. Here is Metallica with "Until It Sleeps". Rock On.

No comments: