So here are some quick 2 cent entries. This time with some of this week's new album releases, specifically in the hip-hop category.Please note that I have not heard any of these albums. I am merely going on their history in the game, what I've heard so far, and flat out how I feel about them. Here we go.
Eminem Relapse. ::sighs:: Alright, I personally tuned Eminem out after the Marshall Mathers LP. I think I've stated before how much I loved the Slim Shady LP, that ish was CLASSIC. It also laid out the formula that Eminem would use again, and again and again when it comes to his albums. There is absolutely no doubt about Em's delivery and lyricism and obviously there will be the die hards that will back him no matter what.Im not one of them but I would totally smash the homie sorry Em. Next.
Busta Rhymes Back on My B.S.. I love Busta, his energy is crazy...his energy is crazy. But really though his energy is crazy. I have not been excited about a Busta album since Extinction Level Event. "Arab Money" is hot but they should have released the album while it was hot. The suits took too long and the hype cooled down and I dont think Bus would fair too good. Sorry Trevor. Next.
Method Man and Redman Blackout II. I love Red and Meth, these are both emcees, I have not heard any material from the album. I'm sure its crazy, will I buy it? Sorry guys, I won't, it's a recession, I got to get my eyebrows waxed, I need an oil change and tire rotation, I got a verizon bill...Next.
On a related sidenote:My brother and I was talking about the new crop of rappers coming up and I compared it to the early and mid-nineties when we had groups like A Tribe called Quest, and De La Soul and hip-hop was being infused by jazz music. These days we have cats like Charles Hamilton and Kid Cudi which is the alternative so the blah blah blah and the so and so's and the music is being infused with rock, but not rock in the traditional "Walk this Way" sense. So I do think that hip-hop is in a good place. Sometimes you have to dig to find things that satisfy your eardrums and therefore your soul.
No comments:
Post a Comment