Up first is Kid Sister's Kiss Kiss Kiss Mixtape. This mixtape was released months ago but I finally got around to listening to it and man it is a perfect dance record. You can literally put this on at a party and let the whole thing ride. If you are not familiar with Kid Sister and how she reps the whole rap/dance/house movement, this will be a great intro. You can download it here
Here is one of the songs "Gucci Rag Top" ft Gucci Mane
Next is Childish Gambino. Childish Gambino is the brainchild of writer/comedian/actor Donald Glover who currently stars in NBC's "Community". I know you may groan at the fact of an actor or comedian making music, especially rap music, but Donald does this exceptionally well. Especially since he is simply being himself, he's a black nerd and he waves that flag proudly. And yes I am in love with him. You can download the Childish Gambino EP here
And here is the video for the single "Freaks and Geeks"
No comments:
Post a Comment