Sunday, January 29, 2012

New Obsession.


I heard about Does it Offend You Yeah? a while ago on the Nine Inch Nails promo tour EP thingy when they were going on that tour with Jane's Addiction. It had to be either '07 or '08. DIOYY's song "We Are Rockstars" was on that compilation and I thought it was cool but I never paid any more attention to it. Yesterday Amazon sent me an email saying they have over 1,000 MP3 albums for $5 and I decided to see what collection they had. A lot of albums were booty but I did download Sleigh Bells' first album and Daft Punk's Alive album. DIOYY's second album was for $5 but I decided to hold off on that one and download their first album instead. Well that was a great idea. You Have No Idea What You've Gotten Yourself Into is the name and I really can't even describe to you what it sounds like. Its definitely dance electro rock with even some punk elements to it ( I think). Its really weird and has complex rhythyms and its just really freaking awesome. So I'm currently obsessed. I just downloaded their second album Don't Say We Didn't Warn You and I'm very excited to see what this album sounds like. My only wish is that I paid attention to these guys sooner! This is my favorite song of theirs right now "Dawn of the Dead"

No comments: