Friday, December 17, 2010

This Post is about "Nothing"


The album that is. Last month one of my favorite groups of all time dropped their 4th LP Nothing and I have to make a confession, for some odd reason I was not excited about it. I know SACRILEGE considering I am such a huge fan. I liked their single "Hot and Fun" and then "Party People" popped and I wasnt really into that song in particular. From then on out I kind of tuned out the project as a whole. I finally decided yesterday (since there was a $5 MP3 download available on amazon) to get the album. I take it home and start to listen to it and oddly enough "Party People" is the first song on the album, I listen for about a minute and I turn. The next song on the album is "Hypnotize You" I was hooked from the first second. And the album didnt let me go until the last song. I was so pleasantly surprised that this album (minus a song or two I'm looking at you "Party People" and "Victory") is really friggin good! In Search Of... set the standard, Fly or Die which in MY opinion is their best album took their writing, innovation and instrumentation to the next level. Seeing Sounds although a good project with some good songs was not a great album as a whole. However; I think that was the point with SS the fact that it was a collage of songs that was being...seen? But with Nothing I feel NERD is going back to FOD with this one. Very well crafted songs, a lot of instrumentation and the quirk that all of us NERD fans know and love. If you are not familiar with the stylings of NERD might I suggest you go back and listen to Fly or Die then pick this new album up, you will not be disappointed. And if you already are down with the movement, you already know what it is. The end.
Here is the video for "Hypnotize You" if you have a heart condition, prepare yourself. Pharrell you own my heart FOREVER!

No comments: