Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Girl Crush!


M.I.A. coming back with Fiyah Fiyah! So I love M.I.A., if I was a dude I would be on her, heavy. From different sources she has like different names. some have been Maya, seen some others, but for the purpose of this post lets call her Maya. Maya Arulpragasm was born in Sri Lanka her dad was like some type of rebel dude and her family moved to London when she was in her teens or somethings like that. She actually was an artist and was into films until she went on a tour to film a documentary for a band opening up for PEACHES. Peaches convinced her to start making music and lets say the rest is history. Her first album Arular came out in 2005 and the song "Galang" was heard on like Honda commercials which was....c o o l kind of. That album became a solid success both stateside and overseas. Kala came out in august of 2007 and the song "Paper PLanes" started climbing the charts a year after the album came out due to the fact that it was in the trailer of "Pineapple Express"(great movie by the way). I just love (codeword:Hate) how everyone is on the M.I.A. bandwagon now, like how late is every body on Maya. Anyways any hopes and dreams of me being with her if I got that operation has been crushed by some dude named Benjamin Brewer from some random band The Exit and now she's knocked up. Im happy for her, not happy for my fantasies::sighs::

No comments: