
...Papa Roach? I used to looooove them. When I heard their first single "Last Resort" I was all about them. Then Infest came out i copped that, it was the height of the whole rap-rock phenom which I really dug. People always put down that sect of rock and roll but being a black kid who grew up on hip-hop and grew to love rock music I liked it. Sure there were some bands that were horrible at it *cough* Crazy Town *cough* but Papa Roach did it well I believe. Jacoby Shaddix or as he went by in those days Coby Dick could really spit. My first rock show was a radio show put on by FM99 (hampton roads area) called Lunatic Luau in September of 2000 and Papa Roach was the headliner and I was just in awe of them. I saw them again in April of 2001 at the Boathouse (R.I.P.) and I actually met Coby Dick and he signed my "Raid the Nation" poster that I had for a long time but I lost it through moving so much in college, but man that was such a great night, he was such a cool dude, I mean really fuggin awesome! So the second album came out Love Hate Tragedy and they wanted to leave behind the whole rap-rock thing which was cool, you know a band has to evolve. It was a decent album you know I gave them benefit of the doubt, I was a rida. Then the third album came out Getting Away With Murder separating themselves even further from the bunch they were first gathered with. They had a pretty big hit off that album with "Scars", again a pretty solid album some good songs. But my fandom waned after that album and I have not really followed their stuff since. They sound like a sunset strip LA band. It makes me sad cause I was such a huge fan and kept an open mind and respected they're need to expand upon the music and grow as a band, but I just dont dig it anymore, but I still love Jacoby Shaddix, he's such an awesome guy, or at least he was 7 years ago, I hope he hasnt changed.
So What Happened to Papa Roach? They have a new album The Paramour Sessions, Jacoby is on a track with Motley Crue, Buckcherry, Dominican Lou, your moms and whatnot. I mean they have a lot of success and have sold a lot of albums which I am happy for cause in the words of Q-Tip music people are shhhhaaaadddddyyyy. I will forever hold in my heart the memories of early Papa Roach.
No comments:
Post a Comment