Friday, April 15, 2011

ABDC Season 6 Episode 2

Last nights episode bought on 5 more crews to contend for a spot in the ABDC line up. The show had an opening number featuring a crew of tween boys and a crew of pole dancers dancing in the same routine. Am I the only one that thinks this is awkward? Alright here is my non expert critique of the the nights crews.
Footworkingz- This Chicago crew definitely bought the footwork to the stage. I got gassed out just watching them! I commend them immensely for keeping that energy through the entire routine.

787-a crew of Puerto Rican dudes? Si Por favor! But no really, they were pretty good the tricks were dope. But I was not excited about their performance. They definitely should spread the tricks out and add more choreo.

Iconic Boyz-this crew of lil guidos are cute in theory but honestly I was annoyed before they even danced. However by the end of the dance I was quite impressed. They are taught by Geo who was in Season 1's crew Iconic, so I know all of their choreo will be well put together and clean. I think they could stay on the show for a while with all the votes they will be getting from the young ladies. Shout out to the chubby kid! He was killing it!

Jag6ed-a crew of pole dancers? Ugh. Although I do applaud the ladies for their ability to coordinate synchronized moves on the pole...no...just no...*spoiler alert* they got sent home, thank goodness.

Instant Noodles-seriously one of the best crew names ever, and by best I mean silly and by silly I mean awesome. When it comes to asian bboys and ABDC, you expect to see some sick creative awesome stuff. That just didnt happen with these boys this time around. They got pretty burned by D-Trix so they need to step it up big time.

Finishing touches: Now that we have all our crews picked out for the main show I think the bottom 2 next week are going to be Phunk Phenomenon and Instant Noodles maybe 787. I think last weeks batch of crews were definitely better than this week. There isnt a crew from this week that I can add to my early faves. That honor goes to Request and Street Kingdom. Another thing this whole one artist a week thing is getting kind of old. I liked on the other seasons when they had like 1 or 2 episodes dedicated to an artist. But I think its diminishing the number of songs crews can use and if a crew gets stuck with a sucky song thats hard to dance to they can get sent home for it. But I guess that's part of the challenge right? Lastly I just want to comment on how friggin adorable D-Trix is and how I like him as a judge he is a great addition to the panel. Here is this week's full episode.

No comments: