Tuesday, April 26, 2011

We. Have. A WINNAH!


Last night was the season 3 finale of RuPaul's Drag Race. To the surprise of no one Raja won as "The Next Drag Superstar". I already predicted this but it doesn't mean that I am ok with it. I feel that Raja totally bombed on the last challenge and if just judged on that challenge alone both her and Manila would have been in the bottom. And her runway look? WTF? That is not the look of a winner. It was not drag, it was simply a man putting on women's clothing. Maybe it's Raja's "style" of drag, but I thought being a drag queen was about the illusion of being a woman, that look provided no illusions to me. However; Raja has been bringing "it" the whole competition and has bought a new style of drag to the masses. As you should know Alexis was my favorite queen and I feel she should have at least been in the top 2. She absolutely aced the final challenge and looked great on the runway, she has a great personality, and she is the only one I would pay good money to see perform in a club. As far as Manila, well, she's cool. So that's it another season down and one less thing to watch on television (or really for me at work online) what ever will i do?

No comments: