
Lately the "industry" has been going nuts for this kid Frank Ocean who is a part of the Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All (OFWGKTA)collective. Aside from his OF brotherens he is the singer songwriter of the pack. In fact there is a term going around by the name of PBR&B which is R&B music for the hipster set, I personally think the term is quite genius. So a little while ago after a couple of weeks of people ranting and raving about this guy I decided to give his free album Nostalgia Ultra a listen. After a couple of spins I've decided its pretty good. Im not jumping up and down about it but there a few bangers up there and the kid can write the heck of a song i'll give him that much. My personal faves are "Lovecrimes", "There Will Be Tears" and my favorite song off the album "Dust" which is the jammie of the day. He accomplished his goal in getting peoples attention with this project, he definitely has mine. I am looking forward to he does next.
No comments:
Post a Comment