Friday, April 8, 2011

ABDC Season 6 premiere

First off Happy April. Last night was the premiere of America's Best Dance Crew Season 6. Since the last few seasons have been pretty 'meh', Im always skeptical when going into a new season. However from the beginning of the episode with the opening number of the 5 dance crews of the night, I felt maybe this season won't be so bad after all. Before we get to the crews let's cheer for the fact that D-Trix from Quest Crew is a judge this season! I don't know how critical of a judge he's going to be but it's exciting to not only have a true dancer as a judge but someone who went through the whole experience, and won! Now let's get to the crews.
I aM mE-they were the first up for the night and I thought they were pretty cool. They had a lot of energy and they are a very visual group which I like. I look forward to what they will do this season. I hate to say it but they do remind me of So Real Cru, is it a Houston thing?

Phunk Phenomenon-this group is from out of Boston and Boston hasn't had much luck on the show (well the whole east coast in general) and I think that tradition will continue. There was nothing special about their performance to me but they did hit they're moves hard, so, yeah, moving on.

Request- these gals are from New Zealand, and I know already ABDC heads are rolling cause are not from America, they're not even from this continent, or this hemisphere! It's like fall over there right!? Anyway, I liked these girls from the opening dance number, they're dancing style seemed really different, awkward even. Unfortunately they were given the worst Lil Wayne song of the night, actually they were given the worst Lil Wayne song EVER, now that's saying something. But as I stated before I like their style and I hope they get a better song next time they hit the stage.#polyswag

Eclectic Gentlemen-they were aiight, the lines were a bit off *spoiler alert* they got sent home.

Street Kingdom-ME LIKEY! This crew has the creator of Krump dancing 'Tight Eyez' and they delivered this episode. Very intense. I just wonder how they will do in future challenges. *sidenote: I remember taking my godsister Ashley to see Rize in the summer of '05, good times*

Finishing touches: ABDC annoys the crap out of me when it comes to the sob stories they have to create like enough already. I am looking forward to this season. Next episode they will have 5 new crews dancing to Ke$ha songs...*crickets* yeah. So far my favorite crews are Request and Street Kingdom
Peace out till next time, here's the full episode.

No comments: