Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Woah.

It would be silly or weird of me as a sometimes halfa$$ blogger to not mention the killing of Osama bin Laden. I am not a conspiracy theorists and I do believe the man killed to be Osama but it was just kind of...anti-climatic. Sure there was a 40 minute gun fight that ensued so it sure was not anti climatic to the Navy SEALS who did an incredible job. I just always imagined Osama being captured, being put on trial or being asked why. Something more along the lines of what happened with Saddam. It all just happened and his body was discarded so quickly (to comply with Muslim tradition), and buried at sea no less (apparently no other country wanted his remains...makes sense). Is it wrong that when I heard that Osama was buried at sea my first thought was "I hope he doesn't do a Megatron and escape from his underwater grave. Punk a$$ decepticon!" So all in all the murder of Osama is like seeing a chupacabra on your front lawn, or better yet having a black president! Something you never thought was going to really happen. The death of this monster has bought some closure to the 9/11 tragedies and families directly affected. But is this the end of terrorism, absolutely not unfortunately, we still got bootleggers. Did you know a co-worker said this exact quote "I just watched Fast Five on my laptop" Now that's just sad.

No comments: