
According to one of those magical studies that tend to pop up every once in a while 1 in 5 4 yr olds are fatties. When broken down in racial categories the highest amount of obesity is natve american's with 31%. My first thought was 'are there even 31% of native american's around'. Then in my way of thinking I tried to come up with a theory as too why so many children are obese early. Me im a fat woman, I hate to say fat cause that's so degrading, Im too fly for the term 'fat' but I also dont like the word 'big' so ill go the myspace route and say 'more to love'. Anyways growing up I was a 'chunky' kid but I was not obese. Back when I was younger in the late 80s early 90s the kids had this thing called 'playing outside'. In this process of 'playing outside' children would play 'games' such as 'hide and seek' or 'red light green light' or 'hide in the bushes with the boy from downstairs' or my personal fav 'flash your underwear on the upstairs terrace to the boys downstairs then get a beating from your dad when he finds you doing that' ah yeah that was a great game. So the point im getting at is at the age of 4 your bouncing off the walls and your asking your parents questions and your getting on their nerves, so what do they do. They plop you in front of the television and give you something to eat to shut you up. At least that's my theory. I mean its sad when nickelodeon takes off broadcasting for a day and tell kids to take part in this activity known as 'playing outside', what a concept. Playing while a kid is THE best part of being a kid and sometimes parents are a)to self involved b) too lazy and dont want to be bothered or c) too busy. Me im all 3 which is why I wont have children. But i must realize that this is not the late 80s early 90s anymore, its a different time and maybe parents dont feel safe with their kids just running around. I dont know how childhood obesity can be diverted. I dont have the answer. Obviously.
And im done.
Afterthought: Maybe fat kids being the majority would work at school and all the fat kids gang up on all the skinny kids! Now that didnt happen in the 90s son.
No comments:
Post a Comment