Thursday, April 9, 2009

Workforce, Force to Work


My job does not have a title so I dont know what to call it. I guess you can it a 'radio board operator', I dont operate much on the board in question. Basically I come in print out papers, staple them, put them in some kind of order. Then I do weather updates, then I press the start button for the rest of the day, that's during the week. On the weekends I come in sit, surf the internet, make sure the weather is updated, sit, turn the mic on and off for someone else, press the start button, sit, surf the internet, answer phones. All this and im only in debt for the rest of my life because of this thing that I was convinced would set me up for life named College. Oh I just got a wave of inspiration for a song "I Hate College" [click brain, save] Excuse me im just doing my daily rant of how much I dislike my job, some of the people that I work with are cool, but that's where it ends. What really sent me over the edge today was when I came into work I was in a great mood. Thursday's are usually my last work day for the week, so I planned to take a trip up to radford, to see these things they call friends. Well of course the person that work on friday mornings called in sick. This person was sick on monday so between monday and friday of not working no amount of medicine and relaxation could have cured a common cold!? Unfortunately I have the type of job that someone needs to be here 24 hours 365 days a year and there are only 2 people that specifically do what is done during the week, which is not rocket science. So if one person is not available the other one has to work. My thing is Ive been sick as a dog but have come into work everyday that I was scheduled and I did not inconvenience anyone else on their days off. Because you treat others as you want to be treated. Well it seems like I am the only that carries that sentiment. If I do need or would like to have days off I let my boss know weeks in advance therefore those that need to be notified will know. Not the day of and after I made plans. When I saw that email early this morning, I was so pissed I was shaking and that does not happen to me very often. Sure I get mad, but I was shaking dude. Point im trying to get at is. Sorry your sick, we're human, it happens. But our job consists of sitting, this job is brainless. Your sick you feel like crap it happens, you sit and drive in your car, to sit at your job and press buttons. That's all it is. One does not need to be in tip top shape, health, or mental capacity. My fun and drunk time is being taken away from me. If im not happy, sweet baby black jesus is not happy.I just wanted to rant.

And im done.

No comments: