
I came across this interesting article on New York Times online and its talking about the current lack of diversity on television. Growing up there were a good number of shows with either an all black cast or had a main character who was african american. Shows like Living Single, Martin, Wayans Bros.,The Jamie Foxx Show,Fresh Prince, A Different World, Cosby Show and others. There were some shows that had black peoples that should have never made it television like The Parkers, Homeboys in Outer Space, The Parkers, The Parkers and The Parkers. Now a days its not like that. I dont think its necessarily a race thing, its just these days its all about reality television and there just isnt any room for sitcoms. The article pointed out the cancellations of Chocolate News and D.L. Hughley's CNN show (althought I heard dismall reviews of that show from the jump). I dont think there is some conspiracy going on, things just are they way they are, which that statement in itself is pretty sad. Read the article here.
Photo Source
No comments:
Post a Comment