Sunday, January 18, 2009

ABDC Recap

Alright so the season premiere of America's Best Dance Crew came on thursday and I am excited for this new season. So Im going to give my thoughts on each crew, ready go:
1. Strikers-eh, they aiight, nothing special about them to me, maybe cause I'm so use to seeing steppers so yeah.
2. Beat Freaks- I like these girls even thought I think its a little unfair cause if you look at these girls' credentials they have danced for Britney Spears, Janet Jackson, they've been in videos and movies. I feel like this show is a show for crews and dancers who want to get to that level but they are already there.
3.G.O.P- yes they are hot Puerto Rican men who dance, who would not love that? I do! But they just didnt do it for me they didnt have the energy that this show needs.
4. Quest-I like this crew as well. These b-boys are very clean very precise, lots of energy. This crew also has an unfair advantage cause two of its members were on So You Think You Can Dance (Dominic and Hok) but I really like this crew.
5. Fly Khicks-They are cute thank goodness they are not like Femme 5 or those chicks from season 2 oh um Sassx7, they have some meat to them, they might last a while.
6. Ringmasters-um yeah well um yeah you know they didnt dance much i dont know, next.
7.Boxcuttahz- Another crew that I like, they look like the underdogs so far, kind of like the Fanny Pak, they come with some nerdy kind of swag which I like.
8.Dynamic Edition-they are cloggers, that's all I have to say, they have some sick formations, we'll see how long they last.
9.Team Millenia-they got booted off the audition special last season and they are back this season. I was not impressed by them then and they didn't do it for me this time either. But I do like the fact that they dance to Head Automatica, point for them.
At the end there was a sudden death round with GOP, Fly Khicks, and Boxcuttahz with GOP going home. FK and Box stepped up in that round but GOP still didnt bring it so they got cut. As much as it hurts me to see hot ricans who can dance get booted off they were the weakest links thurday night so good bye. I look forward to seeing all these crews in the following weeks as they are taken out of their element, yay ABDC! I need a life woot!
HEre is the full episode.

No comments: