In my opinion when it comes to the 'grunge' movement of the early 90's there were the big 4: Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden. Now your music novices will run off at the mouth about how there were so many other bands from that era that never got their shine on and will name drop bands like Mudhoney or what not but hey for the sake of this post let's not go there k? So within the big 4 of that era I believe it was split into 2 groups. The people who idolized Nirvana and Pearl Jam, and the kids who loved Alice in Chains and Soundgarden. I am one the kids who love AIC and Soundgarden. Grant that I was pretty late during this whole thing cause I was like 7 while this was occuring and I came too around the time Soundgarden broke up (which broke my heart by the way) So I look back in history and this is how I see it. AIC was just awesome and gritty and Layne Staley and Jerry Cantrell should make the list of great vocal/guitar duos such as Mick and Keith, Steven and Joe etc. Their harmonies were on point. Plus Layne was hot with an amazing voice and unfortunately the voice was silenced in 2002 due to a drug overdose. Why do hot dudes always die so young? So here is one of my favorites if not my favorite Alice in Chains song "Grind"
No comments:
Post a Comment