
Photo Source
No Ladies you are not dreaming, that IS Stoney Jackson of 227 fame, aint he sexay! When I am curious about things I like to research them in vivid detail (read: go to wikipedia). Because I want to know the orgins, who exactly is responsible the rise and ultimately the decline of these passages of time. The Jheri Curl came to power in the late 70's and maintained its reign through the 80's. Its name came from its creator whose name was you guessed it! Jheri. Jheri Redding was actually a famed hair stylist who came up with his own concoctions in his kitchen and founded many hair product companies including Nexxus (hmm betcha didnt know that ha!)The Jheri Curl was popular among the african-american and latino communities like so

Want to know what else I found out at the wonderful world of wikipedia!? That there was actually a gang called "The Jheri Curls" yeah no shat. It was actually a dominican gang of brothers who made mad dolo on the cocaina and was immensely feared by their Washington Heights community (Manhattan, NY), Yes even with a name like "The Jheri Curls" wow. And here are their fotografias fuego!

Photo Source
I encourage you all to go out and learn as much as possible about the marvels of the Jheri Curl I will bid you ado with the classic Jheri Curl moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment