
Photo Source:http://boogiespotblog.quickdfw.com/archives/2008/06/17/questlove.jpg
For those of you who don't know who Max Weinberg be he is the drummer on the Conan O'Brian show and also the drummer for the boss Bruce Springsteen and he was born in the USA...i think. So anyways The Roots will be the house band for Jimmy Fallon's new late night tv show when he takes Conan O'Brien spot and Conan takes Jay Leno's spot next year. So this mean that The Roots will no longer be doing extensive tours if no tours at all. That is really hard to imagine cause Roots have been on one long tour since like pshh '96? ?uestlove the Roots' drummer says
"I don't know if I want to be 40, on the road and single no more," he said. "And with the kids my group has now getting older ... it's harder for the guys to leave more than it was when the kids were two and three. And I can't even start to go on that path till a woman takes me seriously. And ain't no one taking a man serious who is in his own home for only three months out the year. I been in my crib since 2006 and I still ain't unpacked everything yet."
I think this is a really good look for the Roots, there is definitely no band on late night tv like them, and I am looking forward to see what Jimmy would do in Conan's spot. Those are quite literally some large shoes to fill for Jimmy 1) cause Conan is like 6+ feet tall 2) Cause Conan is awesome. I am however a little scared for Conan. I don't know if his type of humor will go over too well in the new time slot, even though its an hour earlier it's a completely different audience.
Story Source:http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2008/nov/19/roots-saturday-night-live-band
No comments:
Post a Comment