
Wow, well as you all know it was election day yesterday in the US of A and what a day it was. I got off work at 9am to go home pick up my brother and go vote. Well I got home turned my car off went into the house, gathered some things then my brother and I made our way to my car. Well my car wouldnt start, I was astonished! I just brought my car a month ago, grant it is used but I didnt think it will stall out on my already! So my mom came home and tried to jump it but that didn't work. I had to take her car and drop her off at the doctor's then my brother and I went to the community resource center and voted. I was scared about voting because all morning at work i have heard horror stories about how long lines where and that was the last thing I wanted to deal with after getting off work. Good thing was when I got there @ 11a there was absolutely no line, it took my brother and 5 minutes to walk in, vote and walk out, that was awesome. Putting the little I voted sticker on felt good it felt real good for this is my first time voting. Oh and about the car long story short it wouldnt start cause the security mechanism in my car malfunctioned and like shut itself down, weird I know but I got it taken care of. After this eventful day i fell asleep around 7:30 hoping to wake up to good news when getting ready for work early this morning. When i finally pried myself from my bed @ midnight the news I 've been waiting for was there, Obama has won. This is something that at 23 yrs old I thought I would never seen in my lifetime. I am still in disbelief. I am also scared, scared for those people who see this as a black man (or half black man) being president and not as a person who is taking on the astronomical task of putting this country back together. Biggots who can not just take an ass whopping as an ass whopping and sit back just as the unheard and disenfranchised has dealt with Bush for the past eight years. I'm sorry get over it, you'll be just fine. I work at a radio station and more specifically in the AM talk news dept. The listening audience is mostly conservative middle aged white males who thinks Obama is a socialist,a muslim, a terrorist, his ideas are too radical, he will ruin America. Well Sirs how much more shitty can America be right now? Fighting 2 wars that was not approved for the most part, and for what reason. Radical ideas that put us into war and caused a global financial breakdown, nah that's not 'radical' at all, this is completely normal. If you feel Obama has radical ideas, so what if he does, maybe these radical ideas is radical enough to put America back in the middle, not good, not bad, not normal, not shitty, just balanced. I'm not saying that magic is going to happen and everything is gonna be peachy, but come on, we need something else SOMETHING, and I sure hope this is it.
People's willin out.
And I'll leave you with some funnies.
No comments:
Post a Comment