Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I fly like lightweight objects, get high like things in the sky.


There is this article today in the New York Times about my girl crush M.I.A. Basically discussing how people in her homeland feel about her music (if they even know who she is). For those who do not know her father was part of the Tamil group in Sri Lanka which is a group of rebels there. Her lyrics if you listen to them and don't get distracted by the sick ass beats in her songs, are very political. There was a time where the US wouldnt even let her in the country because they considered her a terrorist or one affiliated with terrorist. You have to see it in her prospective. The way she grew up was her father were beating the bad guys, while the rest of the country view her father and the group she was associated with as the bad guys. Anyways its a nice little article so check it out.
And a bonus her on stage with some guys at the grammys(this is the best version I could get you know how youtube is.)

No comments: